Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is a chronic autoimmune disease that causes pain, stiffness, inflammation, swelling, and sometimes destruction of joints. It is also called atopic arthritis.
Causes of Rheumatoid Arthritis:
- The exact cause of rheumatoid arthritis, it’s thought that it may result from a combination of genetics and environmental factors. Some researchers believe an infection with a bacteria or virus can trigger the development of rheumatoid arthritis in someone who’s genetically susceptible.
- Several auto antibodies including Rheumatoid Factor(RF) and anti-CCP antibodies are associated with RA
- Additionally, endocrinologic and reproductive factors may also contribute to the development of RA
- The most commonly affected joints are the small joints of the fingers, thumbs, wrists, feet and ankles. However, any joint may be affected. The knees are quite commonly affected. Hips, shoulders, elbows, and neck are less commonly affected.
- Small painless lumps (nodules) develop on the skin over the elbows and forearms, but usually no harm.
- Stiffness of the joints especially in the morning.
- Numbness or Tingling in the Hands
- Inflammation around the tendons may occur. This is because the tissue which covers tendons is similar to the synovium around the joints.
- One of the most predominant symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis is aching in the joints.
- Sometimes fever, feeling unwell, weight loss, and muscle aches and pains occur
How to diagnose rheumatoid arthritis:
- In Inflammatory arthritis three or more joints are involved. The wrists are nearly always involved, as are the proximal interphalangeal and metacarpophalangeal joints.
- Some patients complain of “puffy” hands due to increased blood flow to inflamed areas.
- Positive rheumatoid factor (RF) and/or anti-citrullinated peptide/protein cyclic citrullinated peptide [CCP])) testing.
- Elevated levels of C-reactive protein (CRP) or the erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR)
- The duration of symptoms is more than six weeks
How Homoeopathy helps to cure Rheumatoid Arthritis?
Homeopathy can treat all those suffering from rheumatoid arthritis. Rheumatoid arthritis is a complex chronic disorder and needs to be evaluated properly before any prescription is made. As Homoeopathic prescription is based upon careful analysis of the symptoms of the patients, it is a system of medicine that understands and treats the patient’s individualized disease characteristics and the complete elimination of the disease from the root. Homoeopathy also benefits in those cases when one is already taking allopathic painkillers for rheumatoid arthritis. It can gradually reduce the dependence on painkillers and then make one feel the need of taking it only in emergency. After continuous and regular homoeopathic therapy, dependence on painkillers would totally vanish. The Scope of homoeopathic treatment in rheumatoid arthritis is very favorable. The time required for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis is dependent on various factors but the main thing is chronicity of the disease.
Commonly indicated Homoeopathic remedies
Arnica: Chronic arthritis with sore,lame,brusied feeling in joints.painful parts worse by slightest touch and motion.cannot walk erect on account of brusied pain in pelvic region.soreness of joints after over exertion.
Led.pal: Arthritis starts with lower joints extend towards upper joints. Inflammation begins in toes spreads towards knee. Crackling sounds in joints. It is strongly indicates for swelling of the joints worse by cold applications.
Ruta graveolence: Arthritis with feeling of great stiffness and lameness of the joints worse from cold damp weather. Tendons and capsules of the joints can be deeply affected.
Other indicated remedies: Rhustox, kalmia, Calcariaflour, Dulcamara, Bryonia, Rhododendron, Kalicarb etc.