Asthma is an inflammatory disease of the lungs that often makes breathing difficult and causes attacks of coughing, wheezing, tightness in the chest and shortness of breath.
Causative factors for Asthma :
- Substances that cause allergies (allergens) such as dust mites, pollens, molds, pet dander,even cockroach droppings. In many people with asthma, the same substances that cause allergy symptoms can also trigger an asthma episode.
- Weather such as dry wind, cold air, or sudden changes in weather can sometimes bring on asthma episode.
- Respiratory infections such as common cold, influenza, sore throats, and sinus
- Irritants in the air including smoke from cigarettes, wood fires, or charcoal grills. Also, strong fumes or odors like household sprays, paint, gasoline, perfumes, and scented soaps. Although people are not actually allergic to these particles, they can aggravate inflamed and sensitive airways.
- Family history of asthma also causes
Types of Asthma:
- Allergic asthma
- Non-allergic Asthma
- Aspirin Exacerbated Respiratory Disease (AERD)
- Exercise induced asthma
- Cough variant asthma
- Occupational asthma
- Shortness of breath
- Tightness or pain in chest
- Disturbed sleep due to shortness of breath, coughing or wheezing
- A whistling or wheezing sound in chest when exhaling
- Coughing or wheezing attacks that are worsened by a respiratory virus, such as cold or flu
How to diagnose Asthma?
Diagnosis of Asthma based on medical and family histories, physical examination and test results. Unfortunately, Asthma can’t usually be diagnosed with just one test. A breathing test called spirometry is carried out to assess how well the lungs work. You will be asked to breathe into a machine called a spirometer. Testing Airway inflammation-Phlegm sample. The doctor may take a sample of phlegm to check whether inflammation in the lungs.
How Homeopathy helps to cure Asthma?
Homeopathic medicines can be a viable alternative to steroid medications. They can be given as an acute treatment in place of puffers but more importantly, Homeopathic professional treatment working with the whole person can cure asthma entirely. Please remember that although you may be keen to try some natural and effective alternatives, you must consult your doctor before you take any steps to reduce your asthma medications.In the prevention of asthma the Homeopathic approach is undoubtedly highly rewarding. When we come to the treatment of asthmatic attacks, we are on much more difficult ground. There is the problem of recording the exact symptoms of a patient during an attack in order to identify the remedy.
Commonly indicated Homeopathic remedies:
Ars.alb: Asthma with burning in chest worse at midnight.Drycough with scathy, froathy expectoration.Darting pain in upper third of the lung. Unable to lie down due to suffocation. Constricted air passages.Haemoptysis with pain between shoulders.Thin, watery, excoriating discharge from nose.
Grindelia: It is an effective remedy for bronchial asthma with wheezing and oppression in chest.Dyspnoea with foamy mucoous.Asthma with profuse, tenacious expectoration. Cannot breath while lying down. Acts on pulmonary circulation.Pertusis with profuse mucous. Weak heart and respiration worse while lying down.Cheyne-stokes respiration.
Blatta orientalis: Asthma associated with bronchitis, bronchitis with cough and dyspnoea.Cough with pus like expectoration.Suitable for fatty people, cough associated with dyspnoea.Suffocation is threatened with profuse expectoration.
Other indicated remedies:Ipecoc, Lachesis, Pulsatilla, Spongia, Senega, Sulphur, Ignatia, Ant-tart, Hepar-sulph, Nat-sulph, Tuberculinum etc.