An autoimmune disorder occurs when a person’s immune system mistakenly attacks their own body tissues. Different Autoimmune disorders include diabetes, Graves’ disease, inflammatory bowel disease, multiple sclerosis, psoriasis, rheumatoid arthritis, sclerodoma and systemic lupus erythematosus.
Causative factors for Autoimmune Disorders :
- Family or Personal History of Autoimmune Diseases
- Higher estrogen levels are to stimulate the immune system.
- Bacterial and Viral Infections and Illnesses. Virus such as the Epstein- Barr virus triggers the onset of an autoimmune disease.
- Toxic Metal Exposure
- Toxic Chemical Exposure
- Poor diet is an important factor in autoimmunity because poor nutrition compromises the immune system
- A major stressful life event and the development of an autoimmune disease six to twelve months later.
Most common autoimmune diseases are :
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Systemic lupus erythematosus
- Multiple sclerosis
- Celiac spur disease
- Pernicious anemia
- Graves’ disease
- Reactive arthritis
- Sjögren’s syndrome
- Type 1 diabetes
- Hashimoto’s disease
- Addison’s disease
Signs & symptoms:
- Joint pains, muscle pains or weakness or tremor
- Weight loss, insomnia, intolerance of heat or rapid heartbeat
- Recurrent attacks of rashes or hives, a butterfly-shaped rash across the nose and cheeks.
- Difficulty to concentrating or focusing
- Feeling tired or fatigued, weight gain or cold intolerance
- Hair loss
- white patches on skin or inside the mouth and mouth ulcers
- Abdominal pain, blood or mucus in stools, diarrhoea
- Dryness of eyes, mouth or skin
- Numbness or tingling in the hands or feet
- Multiple miscarriages or blood clots
How to diagnosis Auto immune disorders?
It can be hard to diagnose an autoimmune disorder, especially in its earlier stages and if multiple organs or systems are involved. Depending on the disorder, diagnosis methods may include:p>
- Physical examination
- Medical history
- Blood tests, including those to detect auto antibodies
Complete blood count (CBC) – measures the numbers of red and white cells in the blood. When immune system is actively fighting something, these numbers will vary from.
C – reactive protein (CRP) – elevated CRP is an indication of inflammation throughout the body
How Homeopathy helps to cure autoimmune disorders?
Homeopathy doctor tries to treat more than just the presenting symptoms. The focus is usually on what caused the disease condition? Why ‘this patient’ is sick ‘this way’. The disease diagnosis is important but in homeopathy, the cause of disease is not just examined to the level of bacteria and viruses. Other factors like mental, emotional and physical stress that could predispose a person to illness are also looked .Homeopathic medicine do not simply stimulate the body’s immune system to treat ill people, for they can also calm it when this is necessary for the healing of the individual. An example of this latter effect was observed in a study of the homeopathic treatment of people with rheumatoid arthritis, a condition which is considered an autoimmune illness. People with auto-immune ailments suffer because their body’s immune system is over-active and it attacks the person’s own cells, not just bacteria, viruses, or foreign substances.