Homeopathic Treatment of Oligospermia / Low Sperm Count
Allopathy offers no effective treatment for oligospermia. The treatment offered includes hormonal pills and surgeries which have got worse side effects and condition usually reoccur.
In contrast homeopathic treatment helps in promoting spermatogenesis by its action in improving the function of the testicles and includes seminal vesicle and epididymas functions.
Homeopathic medicines helps in improving the sperm count and is also beneficial in raising the quality of semen as it improves the blood supply to the glands producing male hormones.
Benefits of homeopathic treatment for oligospermia:
- Homeopathic treatment is completely free of any side effects
- Homeopathic treatment is the fastest among all treatment. Sometimes it raises sperm count fourfold with every month’s treatment till optimum count. So with low sperm count like 3 million per ml. to normal count of 40 million per ml. can be achieved within two to four months of proper treatment.
- Homeopathic medicines are effective in 95% of sperm abnormalities i.e. low Sperm count, low motility, low semen quantity and abnormal sperm cell morphology
- The lowest count which can be helped is 1 lac per ml or 0.1 million per ml. Though sometimes homeopathy remedies are helpful in azoospermia also
- Homeopathic remedies improve not only the sperm count but also its quality. It raises low sperm motility to high sperm motility. It also improves grades of sperm motility simultaneously.
- The success rate of system is very high. In about 3000 patients, it succeeded in 95% of the patients
- The greatest advantage is that even after stopping the treatment the higher count remains longer, where as in male hormones (allopathic treatment), it falls (and sometimes the fall is very severe) as soon as the treatment is stopped.
Many infertile men are obsessed about their low sperm count – and this seems to become the central concern in their lives. Homeopathy can take all this embarrassment and can keep you out of the stress of infertility. Homeopathy also helps to improve general health of patient, as it maintains mind, body and soul function in balance
There are 11 homeopathy medicines which give great relief in oligospermia / low sperm count. However, the correct choice and the resulting relief is a matter of experience and right judgment on the part of the homeopathy physician. The treatment is decided after thorough case taking of the patient. Thus homeopathic remedies of oligospermia / low sperm count are designer made unlike allopathy in which all patients receive the same surgery or drugs although trade name may be different.
What is Oligospermia / Low Sperm Count
Oligospermia refers to semen with a low concentration of sperm (‘sperm count’).
A low sperm count can be due to many different causes, and this condition may be temporary or permanent
A low sperm count would be defined as less than 20 million sperm per ml of semen.
Azoospermia is defined as the absence of spermatozoa in the ejaculation
Causes of Oligospermia / Low Sperm Count
Primary causes of temporarily reduced sperm counts are :
- High fever
- High temperatures
- Quitting smoking. The nicotine in tobacco relaxes the muscles that keep the airways open. If you don’t smoke, those muscles are less likely to collapse at night and narrow the airways.
- Certain drugs
- Certain poisons such as lead, arsenic, mercury
- Certain hormonal conditions (hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism, hypopituitarism and so on)
- Certain severe illnesses
- Excessive alcohol
- Recreational drug use
- Varicose veins around the testes
- Inflammation of the testes
- Radiation exposure
Diagnosis of Oligospermia / Low Sperm Count
Abnormalities on examination of the external genitalia and prostate are to be considered during physical examination. Abnormalities that need to be looked for are Klinefelter’s syndrome, epididymitis, testicular atrophy, urethritis, and prostatitis.
The general endocrine examination is to be done which may reveal hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism, or hypopituitarism.
The stress and marital difficulties are to be assessed as they may lead to addiction of drugs, alcoholism and so on.
Routine laboratory tests include a CBC, urinalysis, chemistry panel, thyroid profile, VDRL test, and sperm count. If there is a urethral discharge, a smear and culture should be done. If the sperm count reveals oligospermia on two separate specimens, referral should be made to urologist or endocrinologist for further evaluation.
Symptoms of Oligospermia / Low Sperm Count
The primary symptom of oligospermia is sub-fertility or infertility.
Other symptoms vary depending on the underlying cause of oligospermia; as in sexually transmitted diseases symptoms can include burning with urination, testicular pain and a thick discharge from the penis. With a varicocele, symptoms may include dilated veins in the scrotum and swelling of the scrotum.