URTICARIA also known as HIVES.It is a skin rash with red ,rised,itchy bumps.they may also burn or sting Rash lasts for few days but do not leave a scar ,the condition frequently recurs and lasts more than 6 weeks.
URTICARIA frequently occur following an infection or as result of an allergic reaction such as to
- Medication (aspirin,buprofen,penicillin,clorimezole, vaccine and antidiabetic drugs etc),
- Insect bite ,
- Food(shell fish, nut, egg,wheat and soy),
- Infections or environmental agents,
- Psychological stress
- Cold temperature etc
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS
- WELTS(raised area surrounded by a red base)
- ANGIOEDEMA(allergic or non allergic)
- Individual hives that are painful ,last more than 24 hours or leave a bruise as they heal more likely To be a more serious condition called URTICARIAL VASCULITIS.
- Hives carried by stroking the skin are due to a benign condition called DERMATOGRAPHIC URTICARIA.
HOMEOPATHIC TREATMENT: APIS,ARSALB,DULC,NAT MUR,RHUSTOX AND URTICA URENS