VIRAL FEVER: Symptoms, Prevention and Treatment
Generally, the human body temperature is 98°F. If the temperature rises or increases above that temperature, it is considered fever or pyrexia. Fever which is caused by any viral infection is considered as viral fever. Viral fever ranges from simple common cold or flu to serious illness such as dengue fever.
Symptoms of viral fever are:
- Fluctuations in body temperature which rises for some time and falls
- Severe profound weakness
- Chills along with headache
- Generalized body aches
- Loss of appetite — No desire to eat anything
- Washing hands properly before and after eating and when touching any unhygienic items
- Avoiding direct exposure to sick people
- Keeping our surroundings clean without any insects or mosquitoes
- Taking vaccination at appropriate age
- Keeping our body hydrated always to maintain electrolyte balance
- Giving our body appropriate rest for virus to exit from our body.
- Taking medication to decrease our body temperature
- Taking food with appropriate nutrients